Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: 9849 cab dimensions

  1. #11
    HB Super Moderator
    9849 cab dimensions


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 9849 cab dimensions

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Just the camera spent the night out there. But, i appreciate the offer.

    I had taken the camera over to the cabin the day before, and forgot to bring it back in the house with me. Got pretty cold the night before last, and when i wanted to snap a pic for the thread i kept getting a standby warning because of condensation.
    Hair dryer works pretty quick for that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post

    Yesterday it took me over an hour to post this new thread as it kept telling me I'd somehow 'requested' 5x too many allowable tags that clearing them out didn't solve the problem [I've never intentionally added any tags to my threads/posts], though multiple logging outs, closing browsers, etc., finally allowed me to post it as long as I didn't preview it first.

    Now I can't post due to 'too many requests to process at the moment' !!! Maybe suggesting he join isn't such a good idea......... No wonder an increasing number of folks are now using DIYaudio.

    GM
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    This is how i check to see if the internet is working correctly, if i get this message i know everything is OK:

    forums
    @ GM & Bowtie, yeah I'm sorry it has become such a PIA to post here now.. I haven't gotten that server too busy too much recently but I know how frustrating it can be as it has happened to me quite a bit as well.. I complain about it all the time to Steven/Administrator, but nothing ever seems to change.

    My Apologies !

  2. #12
    Hostboard Member
    9849 cab dimensions


    jocelys1's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2015
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9849 cab dimensions

    Hi Greg,

    I have two pairs of 414s which I'd like to try with a 802 or 808. Isn't the 9849 cabinet for a single 15".

    I thought the Malibu 843bs were a closer match to the dual-414's

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 9849 cab dimensions

    Isn't the 9849 cabinet for a single 15".
    9849 is optimized for a single 414 and 32B/C bent horn. Although, i think there's room to shoehorn the MR-931/902 combination in there if building from scratch.

    forums
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: 9849 cab dimensions

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    My Apologies !
    No need, not your fault Todd prefers this place. We do appreciate your continuing efforts though!

    GM

    - - - Updated - - -

    I see 'pippomatto' didn't appreciate our efforts.

    GM


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jocelys1 View Post
    Hi Greg,

    I have two pairs of 414s which I'd like to try with a 802 or 808. Isn't the 9849 cabinet for a single 15".

    I thought the Malibu 843bs were a closer match to the dual-414's
    Greets!

    Yes, the 843 is dual 414/811 horn, though from a purely technical POV the 9844 studio monitor it's derived from is a superior overall performer, but awkward to position in a typical consumer app unless either enlarged vertically [my preference] or stand mounted, though in wide rooms where more horizontal coverage is desirable, mounting them vertically with the horns to the outside works well.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  5. #15
    Hostboard Member
    9849 cab dimensions


    jocelys1's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2015
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9849 cab dimensions

    Thanks Greg. The width of the 9844 does make it difficult for use at home. Doesn't some of the width contribute to a lower 6dB (baffle step) Is that what you mean by 'enlarged vertically'.

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: 9849 cab dimensions

    You're welcome! Correct x2. At around 26-30", the baffle is usually wide enough in a typical HI/HT app to not need any baffle step compensation [BSC] and no doubt one reason Altec's premium speakers are this wide even when the components don't dictate it and why 30" is my default minimum width.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.